Thursday, August 29, 2013

So I went and I came back a better person. I can't pinpoint what it was exactly, but Nashville changed me. I went to my element, fully immersed into the culture and became a southern girl. Accents and all! Our travels included a lot of live music, laughter, and making our own adventures when we got terribly lost! I'm glad to have traveled with a friend that travels well. Nothing was scripted or planned out, we just went with the flow. Whatever seemed interesting is what we did; what a simple way of life!

I always heard that the people in the south are nice, but I never expected southern hospitality to be so intense! Everyone was so nice it almost freaked us out. Being from Seattle, a city where everyone is so individualistic, we were blown away by the sense of community and hospitality the southerners have. It was refreshing to see people we just met willing to simply grab a cup of sweet tea with us. We met a couple while waiting in line to meet The Band Perry and we got to talking about travelling and life. They were from Alabama so they knew the in's and out's of hospitality. We had about an hour long break before the next meet and greet so we all went out to Nashville's ONLY coffee shop and had coffee all together. They were really sweet and insisted on paying for us as well. We ended up talking to them for over an hour and later watched to fireworks display together! They do a lot of work overseas in Africa so it was amazing to hear their stories and adventures there.

Nashville is also known as 'Music City' and they didn't disappoint! EVERY SINGLE bar on the strip had live music all day long. I'm wondering if all of Nashville follows those same rituals or if it's just the downtown. From my stay, I began to understand country music a bit more. I got to live out the words that i've been singing. So surreal! Join me on adventure as I walk through our stay in Nashville. Enjoy!!



Celebrating Independence Day on Broadway in Nashville, TN

The Band Perry Meet and Greet! 

Striking Matches- An incredible Duo! 
The Band Perry Outdoor Concert
Gloomy Day in Nashville on July 4th
On the bridge of Cumberland River

This was our wonderful Hotel- The Hilton Hotel 
View from our room window- You can see the Country Music Hall of Fame, the Symphony Center, and the  Bridgestone Arena! 
Mariya posing with Rascal Flatts
My first picture with KINGS OF LEON!!
Rockin out with Elvis!!




A pick symbolized a live music venue
Mikes coffee and Ice Cream. Out of our 4 day stay in Nashville, We came here 5 times. We are not addicted. 
We met a woman who gave us free Georgia peaches. What a sweetheart!


The Breakfast Pantry- Wonderful Mom&Pop Place!







Beautiful record wall at the Country Music Hall of Fame. 




Panoramic Shot of another record wall, So majestic! 

The Ryman Auditorium- Nashville. 



Schermerhorn Symphony Center





Much Love 'Merica!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment