Sunday, June 30, 2013

Home sweet Nashville.


Ever since I found out that Nashville existed, I wanted to go there. This wasn't like a 'Hey, I want to go to Nashville' it was more of a 'Get me to Nashville or someones gonna get hurt'. Well lately that burning desire to work and eventually live there has been multiplying! Of course I don't know anyone there and I have no idea how I would get there, but there was a will! As a student and an intern, I had no money to go visit so all I had was stories, videos, and pictures that I could find online.
I read a blog posting from Claire Diaz-Ortiz about how she traveled the world in 2009 and made money by blogging about her travels. That post hit it right on the money for me! That's EXACTLY what I was wanting to do. I was incredibly inspired by her story and I realized that if I really want it, I can do it. I decided to go online and research different ways I can travel on the cheap. I looked into staying at hostels, host families, a roommate or just renting a place of my own. Even with the cheap options, it still gets pretty pricey especially if you don't have any job leads yet.


There was however one more option: Sweepstakes Contests! I decided that I had nothing to lose by entering in some sweepstakes. After all, I REALLY wanted to go to Nashville. There was a contest called 'One Of A Kind Nashville' through visitmusiccity.com where you go on Pinterest and pin pictures and describe what you would want to do in Nashville. Well that day, I spent approximately 4 hours posting, pinning, researching, and dreaming about Nashville. I checked back over 10 times to make sure that I did everything right and that my board met all the criteria! If that's not passion and persistence, I don't know what is. However, the more I looked at pictures, the more I wanted to be there, and I knew that I would be incredible devastated because I got so emotionally invested!

Moving on, On Wednesday (two days after they were scheduled to chose a winner) I was convinced that I didn't win and that someone else got the prize. I decided to check my e-mail one last time and sure enough, there was an e-mail stating that I had won the promotion sweepstakes package! Me and a guest will be going to Nashville for July 4th weekend, hanging out with The Band Perry, and getting VIP passes to some of Nashville's most prominent places! I flipped!! A dream was becoming reality for me! I AM GOING to the place that captivated my attention and my interest. I cannot wait to spend 4 amazing days with my best friend in Nashville. All my favorite things in one! To add the cherry on top, My birthday was this weekend and this is just THE best birthday present one can receive! My 20th year of life will begin with a boom(literally!). I hear there will be 2 fireworks displays while we are there. We are heading out on Wednesday morning so there are still many stories to come!

 Now if there is anything that would make this trip even more unreal is if we get to hang out with Ed Sheeran. Side note: That's who I want to work with on his next US tour in January!

Moral of the story: If you want something bad enough and you are willing to work your butt off for it, you will get there and you will achieve it. Safe Travels friends!

Stay tuned for more unreal Nashville Stories, pictures, video logs, and more!




No comments:

Post a Comment